at the top of their game, Newton Talent RPO offers the perfect environment to apply your passion and develop new skills. One of the region’s most trusted recruitment process outsourcing firms, our clients choose to partner with Newton for the exceptional professionalism and quality of our people – for their ability to successfully engage with top talent and provide candidates the type of experience that complements and enhances their brand.
As a Newton Talent Recruiter,
you’ll act as a brand ambassador for the client, focus on delivering exceptional talent while providing proactive and timely communication on the status of the recruiting process. You’ll serve as subject matter expert in talent acquisition and provide consultative direction and industry expertise to hiring leaders. Our recruiting team maintains a culture of operational excellence and can clearly live and articulate Newton Talent’s great purpose of helping companies achieve their own great purpose through people.
- Sourcing and Recruiting:
- Lead a detailed in-take meeting with the hiring leader to determine position specifications, providing relevant market data and recommendations on possible approaches to the search or candidate requirements.
- Actively source candidates outside of the Applicant Tracking System via resume databases, search engine and networking sites using Boolean search language.
- Ability to review of candidates who have applied via the Applicant Tracking System (ATS).
- Evaluate candidate qualifications against position requirements and determine who to move forward in the recruitment process.
- Develop and manage recruitment marketing plans or sourcing plans to determine the most appropriate candidate sources that align to the search requirements.
- Solicit and pursue referrals from business networks and/or internal referrals.
- Assessing Candidates:
- Draft and utilize phone interview templates appropriate to the job description.
- Use independent judgement to compare candidate phone interview notes and skills assessments with position requirements to determine if the candidate is a match for the role or a potential match for other open positions.
- Review background and reference information (if process dictates).
- Engaging Candidates:
- Use an appropriate mix of media to connect with talent (phone, email, social media, etc.).
- Articulate value proposition to candidates to inspire interest in the job opportunity.
- Prepare candidates for interviews, coaching them on logistical information, interview schedule, appropriate attire and overall expectations.
- Ensure candidates are provided with timely updates concerning the status of their applications and interviews.
- Influencing the Hire:
- Keep candidates engaged throughout process, ensuring consistent communication on the status of the search.
- Partner with hiring leader to determine offer details, using market data and compensation guidelines to support recommendations.
- Articulate a job offer to candidate and drive for candidate acceptance, anticipating and negotiating counter-offers as appropriate.
- Newton Talent’s Operational Excellence:
- Work to deliver a strong candidate slate, continuously building talent pipelines to ensure there are multiple qualified candidates are in play.
- Provide accurate and regular reporting of recruiting activities to the hiring leader and Newton Talent leadership to depict both metrics and efforts.
- Identify perceived difficulties with searches and research and recommend solutions to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Proactively and regularly communicate the status of each search to the hiring leader, providing a consultative approach with recommendations on how to move forward.
- High school diploma required. Bachelor’s degree in business, management, human resources or related field is strongly preferred.
- Minimum of two or more years’ recruiting experience with demonstrated successes in a corporate, RPO or agency setting. Experience using recruitment technologies such as Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) and social media tools.
- Functional/Technical Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Proficient in Boolean search techniques for sourcing.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of common Human Resources principles, practices and metrics related to talent acquisition.