As a Production Supervisor
at PPG's Wallingford facilities, you’ll work at the hub of a dynamic operation creating specialty materials for surfaces in aerospace, automotive and industrial applications. We are the world's leading coatings and specialty products company; our facilities are some of the most productive and efficient in our industry. Our practices have allowed us to drive continual improvement in quality, cost, safety, and customer service. It makes this a fast-paced, high-energy work environment where you will be continually challenged and encouraged to grow.
Our Production Supervisor
plans, organizes, coordinates and monitors the performance, safety, training and work activities of plant operators. Also ensures plant equipment and process control conform to established production quality, quantity and safety parameters. Assignments are largely routine in nature and carried out in accordance with general work instructions, practices, procedures and precedents.
- Provides orientation and oversees training for all new, or transferred employees to ensure their understanding of working expectations and safety standards and procedures. Structures a learning environment conducive to the attainment of required operator skills and oversees training.
- Determines and /or monitors the subsequent training needs of subordinates to provide skill improvements which align with present and future business requirements. Coordinates identified training needs with the plant manager.
- Plans, organizes, coordinates and monitors operator’s activities to ensure:
- Optimal safety of plant personnel is attained.
- Production plans and quality standards are achieved.
- Operating costs are contained through efficient use of personnel, machinery, materials and operating procedure
- Company goals and objectives are achieved
- Questions, concerns and requests are addressed in a timely manner.
- Performance standards are met.
- Routinely inspects plant equipment for operational integrity. Initiates Maintenance Requests to retain equipment in proper operating condition;
- Completes all required documents including, but not limited to, production reports, time cards, performance documentation and safety reports in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Conducts meaningful performance reviews with subordinates. Ensures operators meet established safety/performance standards.
- Performs other assignments as directed by the Operations Manager not otherwise depicted in this general description.
- Recommending measures to improve production methods, equipment performance and quality of product; suggesting changes in working conditions and equipment use to increase efficiency of production department;
- Assures that production processes are carried out under controlled conditions ;
- Assures that the process for handling, packaging, storage and protection of materials, parts and products to preserve the conformity of product through delivery to its intended destination are maintained
- 3+ years previous leadership or supervisory experience in a Manufacturing or Production environment
- Knowledge and demonstrable practical application of Lean manufacturing models, processes and applications
- Ability to maintain the professional competence, knowledge and skills necessary for the satisfactory performance of all assigned responsibilities
- Strong analytical, problem solving, delegation and conflict resolution skills as well as adaptability and the desire to make a difference
- Superior team leadership, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Confident, rational problem solver with drive and mechanical aptitude
Sharp metal, high noise level, oils, and solvents.
Safety Equipment Required
Steel toed safety shoes, safety glasses, gloves, and hearing protection as required.